Here are the latest Championship Tables [click the relevant tab to view either the Ladies’ or the Men’s Table]
Final 2018 Championship Tables
Congratulations to our 2018 Ladies Champion: Linda McInerney
Congratulations to our 2018 Men’s Champion: Sean McAuliffe
Congratulations to our 2016 Club Championship Winners:
Jo Smith & Paul Rogerson
Each year the club runs separate championship competitions for Male & Female members with the winners receiving a trophy engraved with their name, which they keep for the following 12 months. Each month between January and December, a local race is designated as a championship qualifying race.
Results are Age Graded and based upon these age graded results you are awarded points (1 point for the winner, 2 points for second etc). If you do not run a race you are automatically awarded 25 points! The runner in each championship with the least number of points at the end of the year is crowned Champion. You must enter at least 3 races to compete and your best 6 results count.
The races for 2017 will be listed in the following table:
Since 2014, the club introduced County Standard awards for all members who wish to participate. The system works as follows:
- Each race completed by a member over a certified distance is age-graded and then given a rating: Gold, Silver, Bronze etc using predefined performance bands
- To qualify for an award, the club member has to record in 5 different distances during the year to gain an overall County Standard level, rewarded with a club certificate
- Race selection for the club championship will be adjusted to assist the collection of different distances, but any certified race will count
- A certified race is any race with an accurately measured course. parkruns are included and Road Races will be provide a better opportunity to gain a faster time than off-road
- Member’s progress towards their overall County Standard can be viewed via the Club Championship Table (see separate tab)
For more details on the standards for each race distance you can download a copy: County_Standards__Full_version_Pewter_to_Rhodium